14 November 2015

AR YMYL LLIW - EDGE OF COLOUR II - REVIEW

The exhibition has now closed with 2,400 recorded visitors. The hang was very good and I liked particularly the space around each of these small paintings. Architecturally in the main theatre space the works seemed to resonate with the columns and arches and reminded me of the installation in Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico in 2004. This review was by the artist Branwen Lisa:

"I thought it was interesting the way you shaped the pictures so that they played with perspective, there was one in particular I had to do a double-take with as it really looked as if it was curling. I think the geometric shapes work well in general and better than when you used shapes like Stuart Davis as it reminded me too much of his and made it hard to see your own take on things for me (sorry!). I like it when you introduce the different textures too, that scumble of maroon and the purple with the feathered edging, it seems you have such a breadth of scope to work with colour now, it must be very exciting". October 2015


Photos of the Installation


Photos of the Series 17 Paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment